Transport operator Stagecoach has seen its bus and coach companies nominated for 15 top honours at the 2012 UK Bus Awards.
The Perth-based transport group has three companies in the running to
be named Britain’s best bus operator at the London awards ceremony to
be held in November.
Stagecoach South West is shortlisted for the Top Shire Operator
Award, while Stagecoach Manchester and Stagecoach in Sheffield are
finalists in the Top City Operator category. All three companies are
also in the running for the prestigious UK Bus Operator of the Year
Stagecoach East Scotland’s Express City service has also been named as a finalist in the Top Express Operation category.
Stagecoach East Midlands is shortlisted for the Environment Award for
its Lincoln BioBus project, along with Stagecoach South West which is
nominated for its Green Champions initiative.
In the Making Buses a Better Choice category, Stagecoach East is
nominated for the Cambridgeshire Busway – the longest guided busway in
Four Stagecoach staff have also been shortlisted for awards after
each excelling in their individual roles. Stagecoach Manchester
Marketing Assistant Andrew Howard-Smith is a finalist in the Unsung
Heroes category while East Scotland driver Ian Fraser is shortlisted for
the Top National Bus Driver Award.
Stagecoach West Engineering Manager Mike Butt is in the running for
the Engineer of the Year Award and Stagecoach London driver Peter Varley
has been shortlisted for the Top London Bus Driver Award.
Stagecoach London has also been named as a finalist in the London Bus Garage of the Year category, for its Barking Garage.
In the Innovation category, Stagecoach Oxford has been shortlisted
for the introduction of the Oxford SmartZone project, along with project
partners Oxfordshire County Council and Oxford Bus Company.
Stagecoach UK Bus Managing Director Les Warneford said: “We’re
delighted to have so many of our people and our companies nominated for
these awards. Our staff across our business work incredibly hard to
provide good value, high quality bus services for our passengers and
it’s pleasing to see them recognised in this way.”
The full list of Stagecoach finalists is as follows:
• Scottish Citylink, Express Service Network (Top Express Operation)
• Stagecoach East Scotland, Express City Connect (Top Express Operation)
• Stagecoach Manchester (Top City Operator)
• Stagecoach Sheffield (Top City Operator)
• Stagecoach South West (Top Shire Operator)
• Stagecoach East Midlands, Lincoln BioBuses (Environment)
• Stagecoach South West, Green Champions (Environment)
• Stagecoach Group/Scottish Citylink, Megabus Sleeper Service (Innovation)
• Stagecoach Oxfordshire, Oxford Bus Company and Oxfordshire County Council, Oxford SmartZone (Innovation)
• Stagecoach East, The Busway (Making Buses a Better Choice)
• Andrew Howard-Smith, Stagecoach Manchester (Unsung Heroes)
• Ian Fraser, Stagecoach East Scotland (Top National Bus Driver)
• Mike Butt, Stagecoach West (Engineer of the Year)
• Barking Garage, Stagecoach London (London Bus Garage of the Year)
• Peter Varley, Stagecoach London (Top London Bus Driver)