|by The Warminster Running Day Team|
This year's Warminster Running Day is next Sunday (12th October) and we hope that you will be able to join us. With approximately 40 vehicles providing free rides over 20 routes and buses departing approximately every 5 minutes, we suspect that once again this is going to be one of the biggest vintage bus running days in the country and so we are very grateful to all the vehicle owners who will be donating their time, vehicles and diesel to participate in our event.This year we are pleased to welcome 20 buses and coaches that have not previously attended our event - including two that are making their rally debut this year. To whet your appetite, pictures of them can be found in this Flickr Gallery, whilst photos of the others can be found here .
To help you get the most out of your visit, here are some quick links to information that you may find useful to look a beforehand:
- If you have not attended one of our running days before, please click here to find out what it is all about.
- The latest list of participating vehicles can be downloaded here.
- A map of the routes that we are trying to recreate can be found here and for the history buffs amongst you, we have also updated the article that summarises their history.
- A special limited edition commemorative model is being produced for this event which will be available inside the nearby Red Cross Hall which houses the UK Transport Annual Sale. There will also be be a small selection of sales stalls nearby - click here to see a plan of the site.
- Still wondering how to get to Warminster or where you can park your car? Our September update offers some useful advice.
- If you want to catch one of our free feeder bus services from either Bristol, Bath, Chippenham, Melksham, Trowbridge, Westbury, Frome, Gillingham, Mere, Amesbury or Salisbury, please click here for the timetable.
- There are a few changes to our event this year so if you are a regular attender and want to know what the differences are, please visit the What's New page on our website.
- Could you spare an hour or two to help us with marshalling, selling programmes, or navigating the drivers round the country lanes? If so, please email us at email@example.com .
- We are also on the look out for photographs of this year's event to put on this website - including a new long thin "panoramic" one to go on the top. If you are able to take some for us we would be very keen to see them as we probably won't get much time to take any ourselves.
Unfortunately it is now too late to order a copy of our timetable by post, but there will be plenty on sale on the day - just head to the Red Cross Hall or to the Control Bus opposite the bus shelter or look out for one of our roving programme sellers. If you have ordered a copy of the Timetable and Duty Roster through the post, this should be landing on your mat in the next day or so, at which point we suggest that you click here to find out if we have had to make any last minute changes we have had to make to them.
Finally, a reminder to everyone who is bringing a bus to our event. With more than 40 vehicles entered, our bus parking area is now at capacity and so if you haven't already told us that you are bringing a vehicle, it is unlikely that we will be able to accommodate you (but please email us if this is likely to create a problem for you and we will see if we can help).
KEEP UP TO DATE WITH LAST MINUTE CHANGES
If it is necessary for us to make any further changes to our event, we will post these on our Last Minute Changes page, so please be sure to check this before you set out. We will also try to email them to everyone that has signed up to receive updates via our website, so if you have not already done this, please be sure to go to www.warminstervbrd.wordpress.com and click on the black “+ follow” tab at the bottom of the page. In the meantime, please feel free to contact us if you need more information, either by using the contact form on our website, or by emailing us .