Red and Green Rover Day - 10th September 2017
This year's bus event, centred on North Weald station and evoking the spirit of Red and Green Bus Rovers, will not just feature vintage buses from the era but will also provide opportunities to ride on many of these buses.
The final line up is still to be confirmed but watch out for some fantastic rides and updates on this page.
The regular route 339 bus service will run as normal, linking Epping Underground and Shenfield Rail stations with North Weald station, in addition to our scheduled steam and diesel train services.
RoutesMany of the buses will be in service, running additional trips around the area on the following routes:
- Route 175 North Weald - Ongar - Passingford Bridge
- Route 250 North Weald - Theydon Bois - Passingford Bridge
(Routes 175 and 250 will be timed to provide interchange opportunities at Passingford Bridge).
- Route 339 Epping Station - North Weald Station - Ongar - Shenfield
- Route 381 North Weald - Blake Hall - Epping Station - Coopersale - North Weald circular
- Route 718 North Weald - Harlow
- Additional services will run from North Weald to High Beach.
In addition to our standard selection of All Day Rover tickets for use on our bus and train services - we have a special Bus Rover Ticket for sale at just £8 allowing unlimited travel on our buses all day - including the special services. Single tickets will not be available on these additional services. Day rover tickets can be purchased in advance, or on the day from the bus conductor.
Buses scheduled to appear include:
- A selection of RFs
- A selection of RTs including RTW75
- A selection of RMs including RML and RCL types
- STL1470 (CXX 457) now converted to a tree pruning vehicle
- AEC Swift SM1 (AML 1H)
- Routemaster CRL4 (SLT 59)
- Prototype Leyland Titan T1 (THX 401S)
- plus many more surprises on the day!