The company, part of Stagecoach Group, has invested £2.5 million in a fleet of 10 new coaches, equipped with free wi-fi and toilets, to offer new routes linking Paris, Boulogne, Brussels and Amsterdam.
|A Plaxton / Volvo megabus vehicle in Newcastle upon Tyne|
where the pick up point is outside the Central Station
Day and night services will operate on the new network, providing a new welcome low-cost link to the Continent through London as family budgets remain tight and people look to make their cash go further. Fares will include the cost of ferry crossings across the Channel.
megabus.com will offer three routes on its new European network:
- Leicester-Milton Keynes-London-Brussels-Amsterdam
Sir Brian Souter, Chief Executive of Stagecoach Group, said: “megabus.com has already transformed inter-city travel in the UK and North America with great value fares and high-quality coaches. Our new network in Europe will bring our brand to a huge new market at a time when everyone is looking to make their money go further"
The pick-up and departure points for the new services in Europe are:
- Amsterdam - Zeeburg park and ride coach park at Zuiderzeeweg.
- Boulogne - Gare de Maritime, Place de la Republique, near the town centre.
- Brussels - Rue du Cardinal Mercier by the central train station.
- Paris - Porte Maillot coach park, next to Palais de Congres de Paris.