Transport for London (TfL) today announced the names of the companies shortlisted to bid for its new Docklands Light Railway (DLR) franchise.
The bidders are:
- Stagecoach Rail Projects Ltd
- A joint venture between Keolis (UK) Ltd and Amey Rail Ltd
- A joint venture between Go Ahead PLC and Colas Rail Ltd
- Serco Ltd
'The DLR is already a highly successful railway but we are not complacent and wish to ensure that the service offered to Londoners continues to improve.'
This shortlist is as a result of the pre qualification process undertaken following the publication of a notice in the Official Journal of the European Union.
TfL will now be issuing an Invitation to Tender to these companies within the next few weeks.
Under the new franchise, TfL wants to ensure that:
- Service reliability continues to improve
- Trains, stations and track are maintained to support service reliability and are used efficiently long term
- Capacity on the railway continues to grow to support development in the Docklands area and along the railway's routes
- Customer satisfaction continues to increase
- The environmental impact of the railway is reduced
- Safety performance continues to improve
- A good, value-for-money service is delivered for passengers and tax-payers.