Vintage Summer Steam on the Metropolitan
Heritage train trips and pop-up tea room
Saturday 10th and Sunday 11th September 2016
Combine nostalgic steam train travel with tea and cake for a late summer treat. Customers can travel back in time on a beautifully restored steam train and enjoy a pop-up vintage tea experience at Amersham station on the weekend of 10th and 11th September 2016.
London Transport Museum has teamed up with ‘Jam and Tea’, organisers of bespoke vintage tea parties, to create a colourful retro pop-up tea room at Amersham station which is on the famous Metro-land route of times gone by.
Delicious tea and cake presented on charming vintage crockery will be served on the station platform by ‘Jam and Tea’ staff dressed in vintage floral pinnies and country tweeds for steam day-trippers who have purchased a special combined tea and steam event ticket. Music from the 1940s will add to the atmosphere while children will have their own paper tea sets, tasty treats and a range of drinks to choose from.
Tickets are limited for this special event so those wishing to sample this unique tea are recommended to book early.
On Sunday 11th September passengers can take a free heritage bus ride from Amersham Station to Amersham Old Town where the town’s annual Heritage Day is taking place. Expect live bands and performances, market stalls, a children’s area and fairgrounds.
The steam train will be pulled by Met No.1, which was used during the 150th anniversary celebrations of the London Underground, and L150 on a journey to or from Amersham Station.
Customers will be able to choose from the following journeys:
· Wembley Park to Amersham
· Two return journeys from Amersham via Harrow-on-the-Hill
· Amersham to Harrow-on-the-Hill
Wembley Park – 10.34 depart
Amersham – 11.14 arrive
Tea room sitting 1
11.20 – 12.10 (after journey)
Amersham – 11.42 depart
Harrow-on-the-Hill – 12.10 arrive
Harrow-on-the-Hill – 12.22 depart
Amersham – 12.50 arrive
Tea room sitting 2
13.00 – 13.50 (after journey)
Amersham – 13.42 depart
Harrow-on-the-Hill – 14.10 arrive
Harrow-on-the-Hill – 14.22 depart
Amersham – 14.50 arrive
Tea room sitting 3
14.55 – 15.45 (after journey)
Amersham – 15.26 depart
Harrow-on-the-Hill – 15.55 arrive
Tea room sitting 4
There is not a tea & cake ticket available for this journey
Steam train ticket only
These prices apply to Journey 1, 2 & 3:
· 1st Class Jubilee Coach 353: Adults £30, Children 11 – 16 £10 (please note children under the age of 11 are not permitted to travel on this coach)
· 1st Class 4TC Coach (1950s ex British Rail): Adults £25, Children 3 – 16 £10, Under 3s: Free
· Standard Class 4TC Coach (1950s ex British Rail): Adults £20, Children 3 – 16 £5, Under 3s: Free
These prices apply to Journey 4:
· 1st Class Jubilee Coach 353: Adults £15, Children 11 – 16 £5 (please note children under the age of 11 are not permitted to travel on this coach)
· 1st Class 4TC Coach (1950s ex British Rail): Adults £10, Children 3 – 16 £5, Under 3s: Free
· Standard Class 4TC Coach (1950s ex British Rail): Adults £5, Children 3 – 16 £5, Under 3s: Free
Vintage Summer Steam train trip and tea
Tea and Steam ticket: additional £10 for adults and children (3 – 16 years old).
Further information about tickets and prices is available at www.ltmuseum.co.uk/steam