Ken Jones paid a visit on the 27th July the day before the annual Sandtoft Gathering.
FTO 614 1939 AEC Regent, originally with Metro-Cammell-Weymann H28/26R body with a 7.7 Litre Diesel engine, and pre-select gearbox. No: 31 being withdrawn by Nottingham City Transport, from passenger service in 1950 following an accident.
The original bus body was removed, with the chassis being also shortened, then a tower also being installed.
Renumbered as No: 802 after being converted into a Tower Wagon, for gaining access to the overhead trolleybus wires.
No: 802 entered service as a Tower Wagon with Nottingham in 1953 and remained in service until the closure of the trolleybus network in June 1966.
Austin FG Bradford tower wagon new in 1962, still in use at Sandtoft
↓ See update on Mallard to Meet Azuma ↓..