Scottish Citylink has announced a series of timetable improvements across Central Scotland, including the launch of services running 24-hours a day between Glasgow, Cumbernauld, Stirling, Perth, Dundee and Aberdeen.
The new timetable, which begins on 7 November, focuses on delivering more direct journeys and less need for connections as the company continues to deliver on its promise of ‘6 cities every 60 minutes’.
The enhancements mean that all of Scotland’s most popular cities are better served than ever by coach journeys.
For the first time ever, the launch of 24/7 services across the central belt covering Glasgow, Cumbernauld, Stirling, Perth, Dundee and Aberdeen, with half-hourly services offered to most locations during the day, and up to hourly services running during the night.
- The launch of direct services running every hour from Edinburgh to Dundee and Aberdeen
- The introduction of a brand new direct route between Edinburgh and Oban from 24 October, opening up the opportunity for onward travel to Fort William through connections at Tyndrum.
- Enhanced services for Dundee customers, including hourly routes to Stirling, two services per hour to Perth and 30-minute frequency to Aberdeen
- An increased level of service for Perth passengers, with more journeys to Inverness and Pitlochry, as well as services offered from Glasgow and Dundee to Perth city centre throughout the day and night for the first time
- An additional daily round trip between Glasgow and Inverness, with a more simplified timetable, also introduced for Inverness customers.
- Stirling customers benefit from an hourly service to Perth and Dundee throughout the day and additional stop added to the network at Castleview Park & Ride. The existing two-hourly service between Stirling and Edinburgh will now extend to serve Stirling University all day
- An enhanced winter timetable between Fort William and Glasgow, providing five journeys per day, from 26 September.
Scottish Citylink Operations Director Simone Smith said, “This new timetable is all about making life simpler and more convenient for our customers. We’ve worked hard to make sure that our passengers have even more opportunities to travel between our key cities, as well as the surrounding towns.
“We know life is busy - that’s why we’ve introduced services 24 hours a day on the Saltire Cross network for the first time. It opens up even more access to affordable and high-quality coach travel every day, and with a record number of direct services now available on our network, it’s easier than ever for people to get to where they want to be by coach.
|Scottish Citylink Operations Director Simone Smith|